Mark your calendars, and tune into CNN on Sunday, December 2 during the CNN Heroes: All-Star Tribute Show in Los Angeles as well as our Facebook page to hear the exciting announcement of our Amazing Nurses Grand Prize Winner!
This national contest, designed to celebrate and reward the important role that nurses play in our communities, has become a truly inspirational cornerstone of the Campaign. After reviewing hundreds of submissions, a judging panel worked hard to narrow the list down to 10 finalists who embody what it means to be an Amazing Nurse, and the public determined the winner.
Here are the 10 finalists:
- Allison Batson, RN, Emory Healthcare, Atlanta, Ga.
- Ann Coyle, RN, Virtua Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Voorhees, N.J.
- Marlan Dawson, RN, St. Luke's Rehabilitation Center, Spokane, Wash.
- Nancy Gilman, RN, Roper Saint Francis Hospital, Charleston, S.C.
- Edwin "Ed" Koen, RN, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tenn.
- Marjorie Lozama, RN, Coventry Health Care, Miramar, Fla.
- Nancy Martinez, RN, Summit Health, Jacksonville, N.C.
- Mary Kay Silverman, RN, Hahnemann University Hospital, Royersford, Pa.
- Deena Sughroue, APRN, Kearney Clinic & Kearney Student Health, University of Nebraska, Kearney, Neb.
- Debbie Weppler-Sears, RN, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Fla.
Keep up with the Amazing Nurses contest, be sure to check the Nursing Notes by Johnson & Johnson Facebook Page.