The US population is getting older and more nurses are retiring—two big reasons why nursing is the country’s fastest growing occupation. You can help address the nursing shortage, grow the profession, and find opportunities, even during an economic downturn. Learn more about a future career in nursing, below.
Organizations & Websites
Here's some valuable information for students entering the profession.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) Division of Accreditation (DOA)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- National Student Nurses Association
- NurseZone.com's Student Nurse Section
- Nursing Student Resource Area
- Student Nurse Journey
- The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
See all nurse profiles >