Whether you’re stepping on a nursing school campus for the first time or returning to power through exams and clinicals for an advanced degree, DiscoverNursing.com has the tools you need to excel in nursing school and throughout your nursing career.
The Campaign recently added new sections to DiscoverNursing.com with resources, insights, and information just for student nurses. The new sections include a suite of videos aiming to help nursing student (and current nurses!) with professional development. Take steps toward launching your nursing career with these resources:
- Discover your specialty by taking our quick Specialty Quiz and explore our Specialty Portal to learn more about over 100 nursing specialties.
- Find a second career in nursing by reading testimonials and insights from second career nurses and find the tools to help you get started in nursing.
- Prepare for nursing school by finding financial assistance, brushing up on your scholarship essay writing skills and learn how to apply any previous healthcare experience to nursing.
- Start with your resume. Before you can begin your nursing career, the first step is to write a winning resume that will get you in the door of your first nursing job.
- Ace your interview with some Do’s and Don’ts and professional fashion tips.
- Watch a series of how-to videos that showcase how to present your best self to a future employer.
- Be an advocate and use your power to influence healthcare change for your patients. Learn how to get involved in projects that have an impact.
- Enhance your professional image and read about best practices for nursing using social media.
- Become a mentor. Think about your nursing mentors. Where would you be without them? Find out how you can pass on your wisdom to the new generation of nurses.
There are many ways to grow throughout your nursing journey. Make DiscoverNursing.com your go-to destination for nursing information and inspiration.